Tuesday, August 22, 2017

As August rolls along

I've been canning lots of pickles, some green beans from one of Daniel's Aunties and we were blessed to purchase over 50lbs of peaches this year... I canned some unsweetened sliced peaches and then I made over 13 quarts of peach jam sweetened with honey. And of course we've eaten a lot fresh. 😊 Just a few days ago was Tabitha's 5 month mark... hard to believe that she was born that long ago. Breastfeeding has been going great... thanks to health supplements and a couple herbs that I still take I have plenty of milk for her. It's been such a blessing to be able to feed her... and not have to give her formula. I am so thankful that I didn't dry up with her like I did with our boys. 💖 😊
Our garden is well underway... the potatoes are beginning to die off, so they can be harvested later on... we just had our first corn on the cob for supper last night... it will soon be coming in in bucket loads as we planted a lot! But between the Market Garden on Saturdays and giving some to friends I'm sure we won't be totally swamped with it. 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment